Burning fire... Indoors?
Yes, you read that right.
Our fireplace runs on isopropyl alcohol. Since this fuel is 100% combustible, all you need is a well-ventilated space with enough oxygen to keep the flame burning.
Can I cook over it?
Safe for food?
Yes, outdoorsmen have been using similar fuel for years. Even the military has used this type of fuel in emergency kits to provide a cooking source and heat source in a pinch. So yes, make some smores.
What about under the firepit?
Does it get hot?
Each of our fireplaces is insulated and has a welding cloth bottom that protects your surface. After an hour of burn time, the surface under the fireplace will be warm, just like when you use a hot pad under a pot of water. The fireplace itself will be hot to the touch, so keep little hands away until it cools.
We currently only ship to the US, excluding Alaska and Hawaii. Turns out these locations are difficult to ship concrete to.
Generally, our free shipping option takes about 3-4 business days.
Because the fuel source is isopropyl alcohol, you can burn it indoors and cook over it. Please make sure the room has good ventilation.
Any fire, if left to burn in a small space long enough (even a cigarette lighter, for example) will eventually cause problems. That is because flame requires oxygen to burn. And if there is fuel and no oxygen, harmful fumes can begin to form. Our benchmark for a safe space is 400+ sq feet and good air conditioning.
While the Fjellmark Fireplace will heat up a room by several degrees, this product is not meant to be used like a heater. Please make sure to stay with your fire while it is burning at all times.
Yes, you can! Just make sure you clean your firepit afterwords of any crumbs or other material that fell into the fire. This can produce smoke that can trigger fire alarms etc.
Taking care of your firepit
We reccomend you clean your firepit after each use by wiping it down with a wet rag. This will remove any residue where the flame touched and prepare it for its next use. Let it cool down first!
No. If you put cold water on something hot, especially concrete, it will crack under pressure. Please let the firepit cool naturally.